Python vs C++

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:00:55 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Neil D. Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:
> C itself is very simple (albeit not simple to use). But I contend you do
> need to be a Medieval Scholar to compile and link it. My mind boggles
> watching a ./configure vomit ASCII all over my screen. I have to avert my
> eyes, make a wish, and make install. ;)

Bah, it's more fun to actually read it, and to imagine what manner of
system might fail some of those tests :)

checking for candle... no
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for windows.h usability... no
checking for windows.h presence... no
(these last two on a system that had already been probed and found to be Linux)

And of course:
checking whether build environment is sane...
http://xkcd.com/371/

ChrisA