Installing Problems - 'Key not valid for use in specified state.'

FreddieH frhorton2000 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 07:51:07 EDT 2014

I am having trouble installing Python on my Windows 7 (x64) Laptop.
The MSI file for Python 3.4.1 that I have downloaded got to the set up page containing 'Please wait while the Installer installs Python 3.4.1' and asks for administrator permission to continue the installation.
After I give administrator permission to continue with the install, it gives me the error pop up 'Key not valid for use in specified state.'
After some googling I can see that this is a problem with some installer packages but I have not yet found a solution to this problem. In addition to the googling, I talked to the people on the Windows IRC channel at freenode [webchat.freenode.net/?channels=windows] but they too were unable to find a problem . They said that the installer package was corrupted and that I should contact support.
I have also tried using other versions python installers but they return the same error.

Thank you for your time,
Freddie Horton