Very basic question. How do I start again?

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Thu Aug 21 22:13:15 EDT 2014

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:55:58 +1000, Ben Finney
<ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

>Seymore4Head <Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid> writes:
>
>> The program works as expected until the computer gets a correct guess.
>> I don't know what I should be doing to restart the program when
>> pick=guess.
>
>There isn't a “restart the program” code we can give. But I think you
>need only something rather simpler:
>
>> while count < 100:
>>     guess = random.randrange(low,high)
>>     print (pick, guess)
>>     if guess == pick:
>>         print ("correct")
>>
>> #"What I need is something here that says start over"
>
>You can end the current loop with the ‘break’ statement. See the docs
><URL:https://docs.python.org/3/reference/simple_stmts.html#the-break-statement>
>to see exactly what its semantics are, and try using that in your code.
>
>Feel free to ask further questions when you've tried that, if it's still
>not clear.

Thanks for the tip, but my trial and error failed.

I tried putting    break_stmt ::=  "break"      at the point where I
want to start over....:) ,but since there is no "start ove"r command,
I was happy to end the program.

I get "invalid syntax so I tried    break_stmt

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Desktop/Python
3.4/Functions/random.py", line 11, in <module>
    guess = random.randrange(low,high)
  File "C:\Python34\lib\random.py", line 196, in randrange
    raise ValueError("empty range for randrange() (%d,%d, %d)" %
(istart, istop, width))
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (37,37, 0)