Very basic question. How do I start again?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Aug 21 21:55:58 EDT 2014

Seymore4Head <Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid> writes:

> The program works as expected until the computer gets a correct guess.
> I don't know what I should be doing to restart the program when
> pick=guess.

There isn't a “restart the program” code we can give. But I think you
need only something rather simpler:

> while count < 100:
>     guess = random.randrange(low,high)
>     print (pick, guess)
>     if guess == pick:
>         print ("correct")
>
> #"What I need is something here that says start over"

You can end the current loop with the ‘break’ statement. See the docs
<URL:https://docs.python.org/3/reference/simple_stmts.html#the-break-statement>
to see exactly what its semantics are, and try using that in your code.

Feel free to ask further questions when you've tried that, if it's still
not clear.

--
 \         “Religious faith is the one species of human ignorance that |
  `\     will not admit of even the *possibility* of correction.” —Sam |