'is not' or '!='

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 04:47:43 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> Why do I know so much about the British royal family???
>

> [2] Of the UK, Australia, and a few other places, but not Denmark, or any
> other place with a Queen.

Possibly because British royalty is very well-defined, and can be used
to explain other, even fictional, royalty. We can examine Arendelle
and notice that, even though most Queens Consort would be addressed
equivalently to a Queen Regnant, their Queen Consort is addressed
equivalently to a princess. (She's addressed as Highness as she
embarks on her last sea voyage.)

Why do I know so much about the Arendelle royal family? Hmm.

ChrisA