python scikits.audiolab Sndfile special chars in file name

Furqan wasi furqan at avpreserve.com
Tue Aug 19 04:05:34 EDT 2014

*Hi Mark and all, *

         Thanks for the replay i appreciate your help but the problem i
have is not with the FileNotFoundError exception handling because the file
exists but the problem is that the library libsndfile/Sndfile (python third
party) which is child class/module of scikits.audiolab (python third party) is
not reading file with special character in its path and name , i need some
help to in how to make library libsndfile/Sndfile to read file with special
character in it  i.e C:\Users\Furqan\Desktop\test\查找問題daw\查找問題d.wav, as i
mentioned in my first email

let me know if you need more information about this ticket
*Thanks *

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 19/08/2014 02:42, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Furqan wasi <furqan at avpreserve.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> except:
>>>      print('Simple didnt work')
>>>      pass
>>>

>> Drop all of these bare excepts. Let the exceptions get printed.
>> Believe you me, they are a LOT more helpful than "didnt work".
>>
>> ChrisA
>>

> Then once you've got rid of your coding errors, add the ones you do need
> to catch, for example FileNotFoundError is often needed in people's code.
>
> --
> My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask
> what you can do for our language.
>
> Mark Lawrence
>
> --

*Best Regards*