Adapt bash readline operate-and-get-next

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Aug 18 20:17:35 EDT 2014

Lele Gaifax wrote:

> This is just a first attempt to adapt the Bash code to the Python
> readline.c module: I'm very surprised that the half-an-hour I spent on
> it, mostly to locate related code, actually full filled the goal :-)

You're my hero!!!

[...]
> Even if I know this is not the right forum and I should (and I
> eventually do, assuming a positive feedback) instead open a ticket and
> attach the patch there, I'd like to hear opinions on whether this should
> be enabled by default, and possibly get in touch with some Apple
> owner...

I would love to see support for this in Python. Unfortunately, I'm not
qualified to review your code. Can you create a feature request for it on
the bug tracker, mark me (steven.daprano) as interested, and upload your
diff? If the patch is accepted, you may be asked to sign a contributor's
agreement. It's not very complicated.

I wouldn't worry about Apple users for the time being. Let's see if we can
get it accepted first.

--
Steven