Why Python 4.0 won't be like Python 3.0

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 04:30:32 EDT 2014

Le lundi 18 août 2014 04:32:23 UTC+2, Chris Angelico a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM, Redge @ Versalytics.com
>
> <versalytics at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Definitely a relief. After delving into Python only a few short months ago, everything I was reading suggested 2.x.x. When I switched to another book to continue with my studies, some of the code wasn't working ... welcome to 3.x.x.  Needless to say, I'm using 3.4.1 exclusively today unless something bizarre requires me to do otherwise.
>

> Good move. You should be able to upgrade to 3.4.x safely, and 3.5 fairly safely.
>

> Eventually, books about Python 3 will be the more easily found, and
>
> you won't have this kind of confusion.
>

> ChrisA

LibreOffice contains a Python 3 scripting engine.
Just for the fun, I take a look with Writer.
It simply fails on a valid string (as I expected).
However, LibreOffice does not crash (or may not crash).
I do no know how these "errors" are intercepted.
Unfortunately, that's not the case in Python GUI wrappers.

jmf