How to look up historical time zones by date and location

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 02:37:09 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:55 PM, luofeiyu <elearn2014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/time+zone
>
> time zone Any of the 24 divisions of the Earth's surface used to determine
> the local time for any given locality.
> Each zone is roughly 15° of longitude in width, with local variations for
> economic and political convenience.
> Local time is one hour ahead for each time zone as one travels east and one
> hour behind for each time zone as one travels west.
>
> Urumqi  's localtime is beijin time ,it is decided  by law .
> Urumqi  's timezone is east 6 ,it is decided by geography.
>
> There is only one localtime in all over the chian,beijin time,but there are
> 5  timezone time in china .
>
> you are totally wrong ,not me .

Fine, so you've just found a non-authoritative source that supports
you. Congratulations. If you'd looked up Wikipedia, you'd have found a
non-authoritative source that supports Ben. So I don't think your
arrogance is justified here.

Now, what has this to do with anything Python? You have quoted no
context, so all we have is "I'm right and you're wrong". Maybe if you
actually explain what your Python problem is and how this affects it,
we'll be better able to help you. Otherwise, you'll probably just get
yourself plonked.

ChrisA