timedelta problem

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 04:44:04 EDT 2014

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 07:39:23 +0000, Denis McMahon wrote:

> I've patched my 2.7 to set a tz string of "UTC[+-]nnnn" from the
> [+-]nnnn %z value.

... but that doesn't do much, because time.struct_time in 2.7 doesn't
recognise anything that strptime passes in as a tz at all, as it expects
the dst flag in that position and seems to have no concept of tz at all.

So in 2.7 you can probably forget any question of reading in tz info with
datetime.strptime().

See another reply to the OP regarding Python 3.2

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com