newbee

Larry Hudson orgnut at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 22:00:43 EDT 2014

On 08/12/2014 04:57 PM, Frank Scafidi wrote:
> I just acquired a Raspberry Pi and want to program in Python. I was a PL/1 programmer back in
> the 60's & 70's and Python is similar. I am struggling with some very fundamental things that I
> am not finding in the documentation. Can someone help me with the basics like how do I save a
> program I've written, reload it in Python, list the program once it's loaded? How do I edit a
> program? Are these command line functions?
>
> Thanks
> Frank

You've already received a lot of suggestions, but I'll add one more...

If you don't mind shelling out for some dead-tree documentation, there is a book in the "Sam's
Teach Yourself in 24 Hours" series -- Python Programming for Raspberry Pi.

It is a pretty good basic tutorial for Python in general, and specifically written for the RPi.
  You might check it out.  (Current Amazon price -- $25.81)

      -=- Larry -=-