how to change the time string into number?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Aug 13 22:01:59 EDT 2014

luofeiyu <elearn2014 at gmail.com> writes:

> s="Aug"
>
> how can i change it into 8 with some python time module?

What is your purpose here? If you want to parse a text value into a
structured time object, don't do it piece by piece. Use the
‘time.strptime’ function.

    >>> import time
    >>> input_time_text = "14 Aug 2014"
    >>> input_time = time.strptime(input_text, "%d %b %Y")
    >>> input_time.tm_mon
    8

--
 \        “I knew it was a shocking thing to say, but … no-one has the |
  `\        right to spend their life without being offended.” —Philip |