Begginer in python trying to load a .dll

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 16:17:26 EDT 2014

On 12/08/2014 20:25, c1234 py wrote:
> El martes, 12 de agosto de 2014 16:16:21 UTC-3, Christian Gollwitzer  escribió:
>> Am 12.08.14 20:36, schrieb c1223:
>>
>>> Hi, Im working in the development of a program based in python that
>>
>>> allow us to contrl a spectometer. The spectometer has an .dll file.
>>
>>> The idea is to work through this dll and operate the spectometer. The
>>
>>> name of the .dll is AS5216.dll. I've trying with ctype, but it
>>
>>> doesn't work. I'm begginer in python. All the comments are useful to
>>
>>> me.
>>

>> For sure this DLL will come with a header file for C. You could pass it
>>
>> through SWIG and see if it generates a useful Python module. You need a
>>
>> C compiler for that route, though.
>>

>> 	Christian
>

> How can i pass it through a SWIG?, i don't know that and what it mean?

Start here http://www.swig.org/ which you could easily have found for
yourself, as I did by using a search engine.

Also would you please access this list via
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list or read and action
this https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython to prevent us
seeing double line spacing and single line paragraphs, thanks.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence