how to get the ordinal number in list

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 15:16:17 EDT 2014

On 12/08/2014 19:45, alister wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 23:39:42 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 8:40 PM, alister
>> <alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 00:21:28 -0700, wxjmfauth wrote:
>>> [ chomp ]
>>>
>>> Mathematicians work with numbers (Algebra is a abstraction of numerical
>>> concepts) strings are concerned with characters (Arabic numerals are
>>> just characters commonly used to represent numbers )
>>> therefore even trying to rationalise any string representation with
>>> mathematics is a logical absurdity in itself.
>>
>> Don't bother responding to jmf; he doesn't listen. Also, his posts don't
>> survive the jump to python-list, so we see them only when someone quotes
>> him like that... as far as I'm concerned, his posts are now on par with
>> those trying to sell us solution manuals or herbal remedies.
>>
>> ChrisA
>
> As you don't see them unless someone replies I will make sure I don't
> reply to any more of his posts.
>
> I would not want to inflict this nonsense on someone who would otherwise
> be spared.

Thank you, as it saves me from once again losing it in public when his
latest incarnation of complete dross appears.  Two years he's been at
it, I wonder how he manages to avoid "Sent to jail. Do not pass Go. Do
not collect £200" or where he gets his supply of "Get out of jail free"
cards from?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence