how to get the ordinal number in list

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 09:39:42 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 8:40 PM, alister
<alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 00:21:28 -0700, wxjmfauth wrote:
> [ chomp ]
>
> Mathematicians work with numbers (Algebra is a abstraction of numerical
> concepts) strings are concerned with characters (Arabic numerals are just
> characters commonly used to represent numbers )
> therefore even trying to rationalise any string representation with
> mathematics is a logical absurdity in itself.

Don't bother responding to jmf; he doesn't listen. Also, his posts
don't survive the jump to python-list, so we see them only when
someone quotes him like that... as far as I'm concerned, his posts are
now on par with those trying to sell us solution manuals or herbal
remedies.

ChrisA