Quoting and attribution (was: Python and IDEs [was Re: Python 3 is killing Python])

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Mon Aug 11 20:27:25 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-12 10:11, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> It is rude to deliberately refuse to give attributes

While I find this true for first-level attribution, I feel far less
obligation to attribute additional levels (and the verbosity they
entail). If the reader is really that interested in who said what,
then they can go back to previous posts to disinter that
information.  I find that

  On 2013-12-14 Ian Paul Freely wrote:
  > On 2014-12-11 Xavier Onasis wrote:
  >>>
  >>> How's Wednesday?
  >>
  >> Wed is good, what time?
  >
  > Earlier is better for me. 11:30?

  How about at that little Greek place on 4th Street?

could just credit Ian and snip out the other attributions for the
sake of quoting just the parts that I find matter.

  On 2013-12-14 Ian Paul Freely wrote:

  >>> How's Wednesday?
  >>
  >> Wed is good, what time?
  >
  > Earlier is better for me. 11:30?

  How about at that little Greek place on 4th Street?

If I really care about who was associated with more historical
comments, I'll pull up my message history and read the details.

-tkc