Keep one GUI always on TOP while python code is running

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Aug 11 18:14:12 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-08, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Steven D'Aprano

> Why should that disable access to everything else? Most full screen
> games let you alt-tab away from them (preferably auto-pausing the
> game). If a game goes system modal on me, I would not be happy.
>
>> * my application is SOOOOO SPECIAL that it deserves to take over the
>>   entire GUI Just Because I Can.
>
> And that one is definitely not a reason, as I'm sure you agree :)

But, AFAICT, that's the only reason behind the behavior for a lot of
Windows apps.  Authors of X apps don't seem to suffer from such
delusions of grandeur (or maybe it's just too hard under under X).

My opinion is that people with valid reasons to use a system-modal
window don't need to ask how.  IOW asking how to do it is pimae-facie
evidence that you should not be doing it.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! PIZZA!!
                                  at