Keep one GUI always on TOP while python code is running

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Aug 11 18:08:21 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-07, Jaydeep Patil <patil.jay2009 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have one query. I have did some programming which copies and paste
> data using system clipboard. I need to keep one GUI always on top
> till my python code is running.

If you mean keep it on top while it is running, the answer is probably
yes, but how to do it depends on the OS, windowing syste, and tookit
in use.

However, doing so is pure evil and will cause users to wish bad things
upon you and all your family and descendants.  If you want to make
some particular dialog the only one from your app that can be used,
that's fine, but don't try to override the user's desire to put other
applications on top of yours or to even control the ordering of
windows within your app.

Thinking your app is so important that it can take over the entire
desktop and needs to control what window is on top is just plain bad
[not that it's unusual for windows apps].

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! !!  I am having fun!!!
                                  at