Linux distros w/o Python in "base" installation

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Mon Aug 11 14:53:57 EDT 2014

I just installed Arch Linux for the first time, and was surprosed to
find that Python isn't installed as part of a "base" system.  It's
also not included in the 'base-devel' package group.  It's trivial to
install, but I'd still pretty surprised it's not there by default.  I
guess I've spent too much time with Gentoo, Debian, and RedHat
derivitives which require Python be installed.

I've probably used at least a dozen Linux distros over the years, and
this is the first time I've noticed that Python wasn't installed by
default.

Just for the sake of curiosity, are there any other significant
desktop/server Linux distros that don't come "out of the box" with
Python?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! If I am elected no one
                                  at               will ever have to do their