Python and IDEs [was Re: Python 3 is killing Python]

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Mon Aug 11 05:08:36 EDT 2014

> >> You mean everyone has to reinvent the proverbial wheel AND worry
> >> about dependency collisions? Yeah, that's a heavenly thought.
> >
> > You should get a clue in stead of just fantasizing up assumptions
> > based on ignorance.
>
> I've worked with a number of operating systems, a number of dependency
> management systems, and a number of absences of such systems. I stand
> by my earlier statements in this thread,

Then you seem to have a problem with elementary logical reasoning.

Your above statement (about "re-inventing the wheel AND worrying about
dependency collisions") is totally illogical nonsense.

Just one issue: MacOS application have always been far more compact
(both on disk and in RAM) than comparable Windows or Unix counterparts.
"Despite" the fact that they where GUI applications since MacOS 1.0. No
one has to "re-invent" any more wheels to develop a MacOS X application
than he has to do for a Windows or Linux application. In fact, usually,
there are less wheels to re-invent for MacOS X.

Next: The self-contained nature of applications is obviously exactly
what *eliminates* dependency collisions.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang