Template language for random string generation

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 15:25:56 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> Personally, I think even the OP's specified language is too complex. For
> example, it supports literal text, but given the use-case (password
> generators) do we really want to support templates like "password[\d]"? I
> don't think so, and if somebody did, they can trivially say "password" +
> SG('[\d]').render().

What if you're using this to generate IDs for something (think Youtube
video references), and you want to have an alphabetic portion and a
numeric portion separated by a hyphen? I think there is a use-case for
interior literal text, because otherwise you'd have to either split
the result or do two calls to the generator.

> Here, let me google that for you :-)
>
> https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=python+crypto

Hehe. :)

ChrisA