Ground Up Python/Xpath lessons

mikemixonrei at gmail.com mikemixonrei at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 22:41:08 EDT 2014

On Saturday, August 9, 2014 8:27:15 PM UTC-5, mikemi... at gmail.com wrote:
> I need a tutorial or lesson on Xpath syntax from the ground up.  I am totally confused on how to assemble an Xpath.  All the //a[wizardmojo]::stuffgoeshere is confusing as hell, and all the information I find, only tells you very basic examples, they don't really teach you assuming you know nothing.
>

> Thanks in advance, Mike

Yes, those examples are good, for about 5 minutes, but then how I do learn to do the more advanced stuff?  Like find all the "a" tags and then extract the "href" out of each one?  Or look in each "tr" and extract all the "hrefs" in "td 1" when "td 4" contains the text "5 star rating"  I haven't found anything that teaches you to string together complex xpaths, just simple ones like //form[1]/input