attendance system in pybluez

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 9 13:43:33 EDT 2014

On 8/9/2014 12:26 PM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Aug 2014 14:01:53 -0700, luofeiyu <elearn2014 at gmail.com>
> declaimed the following:
>
>> I want to write a program to help my teacher to take attendence.
>>
>> There are 300 students in a big room,everyone has android phone.
>> I have matched them with my pc in win7 .
>> when all of them seated on the classroom,
>>
> 	As soon as I learned someone was using bluetooth presence to determine
> I was in such a class -- I'd turn the bluetooth feature off!

And if attendance was part of your grade?

Actually, I agree with you and Steven that the premise that all have an
android phone, with battery charge, turned on, with bluetooth enabled,
is a bit dubious.  At the Univesity of Delaware, students buy a
'clicker', about $20, with an ID (I presume) and a few buttons for
answering pop quizzes.  I can only guess that they use bluetooth, but
with extremely limited function and probably no writable memory, power
draw is minimal and hijacking not an issue.

--
Terry Jan Reedy