Comparisons of Python's module/import system with JavaScript?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Aug 8 14:08:27 EDT 2014

I'm struggling with some JavaScript issues related to it's lack of
good support for modules. I know RequireJS exists (and appears to be
the most widely used add-on for this stuff), but as a novice JS
programmer, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around just what it
does. In particular, I don't see how it injects names into the scope
which calls require(). I'm hoping someone here understands both the
Python and JS models (preferably as represented by RequireJS) and can
provide some advice, perhaps a pointer to a blog post? I've not found
anything yet.

Thanks

Skip