Template language for random string generation

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 05:22:33 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Paul Wolf <paulwolf333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a proposal with a working implementation for a random string generation template syntax for Python. `strgen` is a module for generating random strings in Python using a regex-like template language.

Looks good! One thing, though:

> * Supports > 2.6 through 3.3

The implication of a simple reading of this statement is that your
code should run on 2.6, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3, and hasn't been
tested on 3.4. But I eyeballed your code, and I'm seeing a lot of
u'string' prefixes, which aren't supported on 3.0-3.2 (they were
reinstated in 3.3 as per PEP 414), so a more likely version set would
be 2.6+, 3.3+. What's the actual version support?

Apologies for making such a minor quibble! But I'm curious as to what
you actually support.

ChrisA