Python 3 is killing Python

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Aug 6 23:37:29 EDT 2014

beliavsky at aol.com wrote:

> Fortran compiler vendors such as Intel, IBM, Oracle/SUN and open source
> projects such as gfortran are updating their compilers to the Fortran 2003
> and 2008 standards while also keeping the ability to compile all the old
> Fortran code. FORTRAN 77 programmers and programs will not be forced to
> move to modern Fortran,

How about FORTRAN IV and FORTRAN 66 users? Where's their support? Why aren't
they moaning and gnashing their teeth that they're so cruelly and
unreasonably forced to upgrade?

> but I'm not sure that Python 2.x users can be as
> confident that Python 2.x will be supported on future operating systems.

Oh well, life wasn't meant to be easy. Fortunately they can run it under
Windows 98 or Centos 3.5 in a virtual machine.

--
Steven