Wikibooks example doesn't work

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Aug 6 23:31:53 EDT 2014

Seymore4Head wrote:

[snip code that looks fine to me]

> Why not?

I don't know. What does "doesn't work" mean?

"It didn't do what I expected." (What did you expect? What did it do?)

"It printed an error message." (Care to tell it what it was?)

"It crashed the computer." (Some more details might help.)

"My computer caught fire when I ran it." (I'm sorry to hear that.)

Don't expect us to read your mind and know what you know. And don't expect
us to run the code and see for ourselves -- we might, but we normally
shouldn't need to, if you give as the details you already have. And of
course just because it "doesn't work" on your system, doesn't mean it won't
work on ours.

--
Steven