why i can not delete my email with imaplib?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Aug 6 11:34:05 EDT 2014

My apologies. I must be dense. Why do you want to do this from Python?
Can't you accomplish the same thing more easily with a Gmail filter
which deletes all messages sent to python-list at python.org? Also, I
assume that if you use "xxx at gmail.com" only so you can send mail to
the list, why not just disable message delivery altogether through the
Mailman interface. That would avoid the necessity of deleting the mail
at all.

> When i open my gmail with thunderbird ,the emails which are sent to
> python-list at python.org are still in my gmail...

Do you perhaps need to force Thunderbird to refresh its view of your
mailbox?

Skip