cmd.exe on WIndows - problem with displaying some Unicode characters

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Aug 5 16:41:42 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-05, Tony the Tiger <tony at tiger.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 00:52:29 +0200, Wiktor wrote:
>
>> okumenty\python\kolony\menu.py", line 14, in <module>
>
> This works for me on Linux:
>
> ---8<-----------------
> # coding:utf-8
>
> test = """
>  ┌──────────────╖
>  │ Construction ║
>  │ Production   ║
>  │ Research     ║
>  │ Exploration  ║
>  ├··············╢
>  │ Next turn    ║
>  ╘══════════════╝
> """

But can you do Polish as well?  IIRC, that was the catch: encodings
that the windows terminal emulator understood that could do Polish
couldn't do double-lines and vice-versa.

I was a bit surprised when all that stuff rendered properly in slrn
runnnig in a terminal emulator.  I must have done a better job with
locales and fonts that I thought...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Did you move a lot of
                                  at               KOREAN STEAK KNIVES this