try/exception - error block

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Aug 4 19:04:03 EDT 2014

On 03Aug2014 10:39, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
>In article <mailman.12586.1407076172.18130.python-list at python.org>,
> bruce <badouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm posting the test code I'm using. Pointers/comments would be
>> helpful/useful.
>
>It would be really helpful if you could post a minimal code example
>which demonstrates the problem you're having.  Leave out everything
>(including the commented-out code) which isn't necessary to demonstrate
>the behavior.

Just FYI, Bruce posted an earlier version of this question to
users at lists.fedoraproject.org in late July, wondering why he didn't get a good
error message in the abrt logs.

I asked then where the stderr of his python subprocess went, but never heard
back.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Reality is that which refuses to go away when I stop believing in it.
- Phillip K. Dick