cmd.exe on WIndows - problem with displaying some Unicode characters

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:11:43 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:17 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Is there no working codepage with ascii text and the line chars? I suppose I
> am not surprised if not.

That would be codepage 437. I grew up with that on DOS, as the one and
only 256-character set, and then when we moved to OS/2 and actual
codepages, we always configured 437,850 (that is, 437 as primary, with
850 as a secondary if we wanted it). Trouble is, it doesn't have
non-basic letters, and the OP needs to write Polish text. I'd be not
at all surprised if there are characters he needs that aren't in
CP437.

ChrisA