CodeSkulptor

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 23:05:55 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM, Seymore4Head
<Seymore4Head at hotmail.invalid> wrote:
> BTW   Just read the instructions seems like a daunting task at the
> moment.  You knew what instructions you were looking for.  I am
> clueless.

Yeah, that's called experience :) Part of that experience is the
rather painful one of spending a good few dev hours trying to sandbox
Python inside a C++ process, only to find that the sandbox got busted
wide open pretty quickly as soon as I asked people to try to. (It was
in a safe environment, firewalled off from everything. It was
deliberately done as a security test... and the system failed so
spectacularly that we had to make a complete change to the core model,
among other things not using Python. Which made me sad. We had to go
with ECMAScript and its flaws.) But that means that I know straight
away what to look for.

This is why we have these kinds of mailing lists / newsgroups. Every
one of us has some experience; when you put a question out to the
collective, there's a high probability that someone will know the
answer. It's not that there are "smart people" and "dumb people", and
that dumb people ask questions that smart people answer; it's that the
whole group is smarter than any one of us. And then the answer gets
posted to the whole group, and we all become that bit smarter for it
:)

ChrisA