Python Programing for the Absoulte Beginner

Seymore4Head Seymore4Head at Hotmail.invalid
Sat Aug 2 18:39:33 EDT 2014

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 08:30:15 +1000, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Seymore4Head
><Seymore4Head at hotmail.invalid> wrote:
>> https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=ww&gws_rd=ssl#hl=en&q=python+programing+for+the+absolute+beginner
>>
>> There is a book listed as a PDF.
>>
>> When I try the first example of print "Game Over" I get a syntax
>> error.
>>
>> I have tried running the command line and the GUI.  I get the feeling
>> there is something else I need to run.
>>
>> http://imgur.com/RH3yczP
>
>Try this instead:
>
>print("Game Over")
>
>You're looking at a Python 2 book, and you're running Python 3. I
>would recommend instead getting a Python 3 tutorial:
>
>https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/
>
>ChrisA
Thanks.
I was reading a little in this group and someone had recommended
trying codecademy.com

That seems to be a pretty good way to start so far.

I will also try your link.