What is best way to learn Python for advanced developer?

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:03:28 EDT 2014

On 07/30/2014 02:20 PM, guirec corbel wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a Ruby developer and I want to program in Python. I know how to
> do simple things like create classes, methods, variables and all the
> basics. I want to know more. I want to know what is the Python
> philosophy, how to test, how to create maintenable software, etc.
> I'm looking for online courses and any ressources I can have on the
> subject.
> Can you help me?

Yes its true that most books and web material concentrate on toy
material. I guess thats inevitable.  I remember one of the CS greats
- I think it was Peter Naur - saying that programming pedagogy is too
much focused on language and too little on literature.

Two books that try to buck this trend a bit come to mind [Ive not
checked out either]

1. Expert Python Programming by Tarek Ziade
2. Hacker's guide by Danjou https://julien.danjou.info/books/the-hacker-guide-to-python