freeze.py

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Apr 30 22:50:09 EDT 2014

On 04/30/2014 07:42 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:
>
>> I'm running ubuntu 13.04, I have installed python2.7-dev and
>> python2.7-example, but when I try to run freeze.py I get:
>>
>>    Error: needed directory /usr/lib/python2.7/config not found
>
> Where is ‘freeze.py’? Is there documentation provided for the
> installation of that tool?
>
> What exact command do you issue in order to run it?

I think I have that part of it solved:

   make libainstall  # not sure this was necessary, but it (re)copies
                     # the wanted files into /usr/local/ib/python2.7/config

   .../python2.7/Tools/freeze/freeze.py -P /usr/local/  # so freeze looks in the right place

Now I just have to figure out how to get _ctypes included...

--
~Ethan~