Slightly OT - using PyUIC from Eclipse

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Apr 30 21:50:18 EDT 2014

On Thu, 01 May 2014 01:49:25 +0100, Steve Simmons wrote:

>   <head>
>   </head>
>       wrote:<br>
> cite="mid:CANXBEFrqndqCeT-9Hgqz7jRCZcmp8nz4VE+ebf-BKsYr54qQqQ
> @mail.gmail.com"
>       type="cite">

And that's about where I stopped reading.

I'm sorry Steve, but you're writing to a programmer's forum here, and you
should be sending in plain text, not so-called "rich text" (actually HTML
code, as you can see). At the very least, if you absolutely must send
HTML code, you should instruct your mail program to also send plain text.

People are reading this via Usenet and email and possibly using other
ways as well. Depending on how they are receiving your post, sending HTML
may be considered rude and a breach of etiquette (e.g. text-based news
groups typically ban binary attachments, including HTML), or their client
may not support HTML, or they may simply choose not to receive or read
such posts. (Pure HTML is one of the most reliable signs of spam email.)

So I'm afraid that I have no idea what you were trying to say in your
post. Manually deciphering the message from the markup was too painful.
I'm not likely to be the only one. If you would care to try again using
plain text, you may get a better response rate.

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/