problem with regex

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Mon Apr 28 15:33:46 EDT 2014

dimmaim at gmail.com Wrote in message:
> i want to find a specific urls from a txt file but i have some issus. First when i take just two lines from the file with copy paste and assign it to a variable like this and it works only with triple quotes
>
> test='''_*_n.jpg","timelineCoverPhoto":"{\"focus\":{\"x\":0.5,\"y\":0.386925795053},\"photo\":{\"__type__\":{\"name\":\"Photo\"},\"image_lowres\":{\"uri\":\"https://fbcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/*-*-*

Why did you start a second thread with similar content two minutes
 after the first? Do you expect us to compare the two messages and
 figure out what you changed,  or were you just impatient for a
 response?  I only check in here about 6 times a day, and I
 imagine some might be even less often.

Your test string literal has lots of backslashes in it, which get
 interpreted into escape sequences in a literal,  but not in a
 file.  If that's really what the file looks like,  you're going
 to want to use a raw string.  I agree with Roy, you're probably
 not getting the same string the two ways.

--
DaveA