need help in adding xlrd file to the dictionary.

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Apr 27 04:48:47 EDT 2014

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 00:16:41 -0700, uma mahesh wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I am new to python scripting. I am trying to take data from excel sheet.
>
> To do this I understand that xlrd need to add to the dictionary. I was
> unable to do this. I have downloaded the file and stuck there.
>
> Please let me know how can I do this. tell me the procedure.

Are you using Linux? Macintosh? Unix? Windows?

Python 2 or Python 3? What version? Is that the only Python installation
on your system, or do you have others?

What file did you download? The .tar.gz file? The .zip file? The Windows
installer? Something else? Where did you download it from?

Where did you download it to? What did you do next? What have you tried,
and what happened when you tried?

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/