The PTVS gang (from microsoft) would like to hear from python-list users!

Shahrokh Mortazavi smortaz at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Apr 25 02:36:44 EDT 2014

?

Hi - we're a few engineers (not marketers!) that work on Python Tools for Visual Studio (http://pytools.codeplex.com).  It's a free & OSS plug-in that turns VS into a decent Python IDE.  It has some nice features like mixed-mode Python/C++ debugging, debugging on Linux from Visual Studio and IPython integration.

Some of our users have been encouraging us to enhance PTVS and add support for some "Data Science" focused features & scenarios.   As such we'd *love* to get your input regarding your current stack, workflow and pain points before taking the next steps.

It does not matter if you use Windows, Visual Studio, love/hate Microsoft - we'd just love to understand your environment a bit better especially if you use tools like Excel, R, Matlab, Mathematica, numpy, scipy, Pandas, ...

As a thank you, 50 people will be randomly selected to receive a $5 Starbucks Coffee card!

Here is a link to the survey which should take about 2 minutes to complete.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VSForDataScience

If you know others that might be interested in taking this survey, *please* forward it to them - much appreciated.

Thanks for your participation!