Installing PyGame?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Apr 24 15:15:09 EDT 2014

On 4/24/2014 11:32 AM, rohit782192 at gmail.com wrote:

When you post, please do more than just quote. If you are relaying a
private email, please say so.

> On Saturday, June 8, 2013 9:37:44 PM UTC+5:30, Eam onn wrote:

I did not see the original post, if indeed there was a public one.

[snip pygame/numpy problems]
>> I do have Window's installed, as well as Ubuntu 11.04 but I would
>> like to use Mac OS X if possible. I've tried using MacPorts, Fink,
>> the Mac DMG, source installing, installing NumPY, just about every
>> way possible. I can't seem to get it working, I keep getting an
>> error in all my versions of IDLE. I've tried:

>> * IDLE 2.5
>> * IDLE 2.7.2
>> * IDLE 2.7.3
>> * IDLE 3.1
>> * IDLE 3.3.1

Idle depends on tkinter. Tkinter depends on having a tcl/tk that works,
at least for tkinter. The following page has essential info about
getting the right tcl/tk installed.
https://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk

--
Terry Jan Reedy