Moving to an OOP model from an classically imperitive one

tim.thelion at gmail.com tim.thelion at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 12:53:19 EDT 2014

> A reasonable compromise might be to keep the *data* assocated
>
> with a SubuserProgram in a class, maybe together with a few
>
> methods that are tightly coupled to it, but have the major
>
> pieces of functionality such as install() implemented by
>
> separate functions that operate *on* the class, rather than
>
> being inside it.

I think this is sound advice.  I'm still not sure what I'll come up with.

One of the other reasons why an OOP model might be right for me is that of caching.  I currently load a lot of attributes regarding programs from disk, and I do so multiple times, I could either pass those attributes around, OR, using a class, I could store those attributes in the object after loading them just once.  I have no experience with OOP except in the domain of GUIs(where it seems inescapable, all major toolkits use OOP), so I'm not yet sure how this will turn out.

Tim