Unicode in Python

Ben Finney ben at benfinney.id.au
Wed Apr 23 02:41:41 EDT 2014

Devin Jeanpierre <jeanpierreda at gmail.com> writes:

> But yes, typing out the special characters is annoying. I just use
> words.

I use words that describe the meaning, where feasible.

> The only downside to using words is, how do you specify capital
> versus lowercase letters?

Why do you need to, for an identifier? If uppercase gamma is
semantically different from lowercase gamma for identifying a value,
then both are too terse and the meaning should be spelled out in a
better chosen semantic name.

--
 \       “Some people have a problem, and they think “I know, I'll use |
  `\     Perl!”. Now they have some number of problems but they're not |