Unicode in Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Apr 22 01:44:17 EDT 2014

On 4/21/2014 11:57 PM, Rustom Mody wrote:

> As a unicode user (ok wannabe unicode user :D ) Ive
> written up some unicode ideas that have been discussed here in the
> last couple of weeks:
>
> http://blog.languager.org/2014/04/unicoded-python.html

"With python 3 we are at a stage where python programs can support
unicode well however python program- source is still completely ASCII."

In Python 3, "Python reads program text as Unicode code points; the
encoding of a source file can be given by an encoding declaration and
defaults to UTF-8". Why start off with an erroneous statement, which you
even know and show is erroneous?

--
Terry Jan Reedy