Why Python 3?

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 05:42:51 EDT 2014

wxPhoenix.
The funny side of wxPhoenix is, that it *also* has its
own understanding of unicode and it finally only
succeeds to produce mojibakes.

I've tried to explained...

(I was an early wxPython user from wxPython 2.0 (!).
I used, tested, reported about, all wxPython versions up to
the shift to the wxPython 2.9 "unicode only" versions, then
I gave up).

--------------

Something else.

I'm ready to bet, the unicode related bugs I found in Python 3
(core Python) are still here in five years from now.

--------------

Something else, part 2.

IDLE. Ten seconds to make it crashing, just by using unicode.

Working with Python 2.7 + third party libs (even in iso-8859-1) *in*
a pure "cp1252 mode", including source code is a very, very solid
experience.

The "Microsoft", "Adobe", foundries... , and in the "open software",
the golang, ruby2, TeX unicode engines, all are working very correctly
and smoothly with unicode.

jmf

PS Yes, I'm aware such comments are not really "fair play".