Why Python 3?

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sat Apr 19 23:25:32 EDT 2014

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
> LibreOffice bundles 3.3. So anyone who does Python scripting in
> LibreOffice is using Python 3. Actually, I believe LO uses Python
> internally for some of its scripting. If so, everyone using LO is
> indirectly using 3.3.

I didn't even know LO supported Python scripting, but I wouldn't count
such indirect use anyway.  I meant I don't know any Python programmers
(at least in person) who use Python 3 for their daily coding.  I think
this is mostly because they (and I) use whatever is in the OS distro,
and that is generally still 2.6 or 2.7.