Why Python 3?

Steve Hayes hayesstw at telkomsa.net
Sat Apr 19 07:53:01 EDT 2014

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 22:28:05 -0500, Anthony Papillion <papillion at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>So I've been working with Python for a while and I'm starting to take
>on more and more serious projects with it. I've been reading a lot
>about Python 2 vs Python 3 and the community kind of seems split on
>which should be used.
>
>Some say 'Python 3 is the future, use it for everything now' and other
>say 'Python 3 is the future but you can't do everything in it now so
>use Python 2'.

Yes, that made me more or less abandon my attempt to learn Python.

I had Python 3 on my computer (came on one of those freebie discs you get with
magazines, I think) and my son had a book on it, so I thought with the program
and the instructions I should be able to learn something.

It took me a week, with some help from this forum, to get the Print statement
to work.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
Web:  http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm