Soap list and soap users on this list

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Apr 17 14:34:38 EDT 2014

> Is your question
> regarding anything at all Python, or are you just looking for helpful
> nerds? :)

Hi Chris,
Thanks for responding. I've been looking at Spyne to produce a service that
can accept a request formatted as follows:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://..." xmlns:xsi=http:/..." xmlns:xsd="http://...">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <modifyRequest returnData="everything" xmlns="urn:...">
      <attr ID="..."/>
      <data>
      </data>
    </modifyRequest>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Where I am interested in the ID attribute of the attr tag as well as _all_ the
varying xml within the data tags.

The docs are good, but a bit thin on more intricate examples. Maybe your previous
soap experience might lead you to a tip that would eternally in debt me to you:) I
have only ever done the most simplest work with soap and or ajax and hence got
away with not knowing much...

Thanks again for your help!
jlc