subprocess help

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:55:52 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM, Влатко Станковиќ <ludi at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> capture_server1 = '''xvfb-run --auto-servernum ... '''
> server1_download = subprocess.Popen(shlex.split(capture_server1)

Separate to your actual problem: Is there a reason for splitting like
that, rather than simply using a list of separate arguments? That
would be a lot safer and easier; no going through the hassles of
quoting and splitting.

Your exact problem is likely to be due to unclosed files. I don't know
enough about .communicate() to know whether it closes everything
immediately or not, but it looks like you're progressively opening
more and more and more pipes.

ChrisA