Simple question

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 02:03:33 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Kushal Kumaran
<kushal.kumaran at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Understandable. I currently am using two consoles (laptop at my right
>>hand, desktop in front of me), and every now and then I want to copy
>>and paste across them :) I mean, shared clipboard works just fine
>>across all my VM guests (and as I type that, Disney's cast is singing
>>"Be our guest" in my background music), it even works across remote
>>desktop, but for some reason, swinging my hands 90 degrees doesn't
>>transfer the clipboard. This strikes me as a major flaw in human
>>beings.
>>

> You want synergy. http://synergy-foss.org/

Usually I want separate keyboard and mouse, so that I can be playing
Command & Conquer Renegade on one system while responding to emails on
the other (hold W so Havoc keeps walking, read through emails by
scrolling with right hand...); it's just the clipboard. It would, of
course, be possible to write a clipboard viewer program for whichever
platform - say, OS/2 - and have it connect via a TCP/IP socket to a
program on another system - say, a Linux box - that has a little
hidden window and puts stuff onto the clipboard. I will neither
confirm nor deny having actually done this...

*twiddles thumbs*

ChrisA