Simple question

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 15:07:53 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:02 AM, Phil Dobbin <phildobbin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/04/2014 19:41, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> Recommendation: If you don't understand something, keep it there :)
>> You can just copy and paste from the Python interactive interpreter
>> (command line or IDLE) straight into the email; it'll be easier to
>> explain, that way.
>>
>> This is *especially* true of tracebacks. You might not see the
>> difference, but to us, it's often hugely helpful to see the entire
>> exception report.
>
> Good advice.
>
> Truth is I'm writing emails on my laptop & attempting Python on a
> Desktop machine so I lazily copied by eye. My mistake.

Understandable. I currently am using two consoles (laptop at my right
hand, desktop in front of me), and every now and then I want to copy
and paste across them :) I mean, shared clipboard works just fine
across all my VM guests (and as I type that, Disney's cast is singing
"Be our guest" in my background music), it even works across remote
desktop, but for some reason, swinging my hands 90 degrees doesn't
transfer the clipboard. This strikes me as a major flaw in human
beings.

ChrisA